We hope this finds you and your family in good health. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety and health.
By its very nature, massage and bodywork require skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact that infection control has always been a top priority for our spa. As we navigate life with additional requirements and modify existing measures due to the coronavirus, please help us to support all of our clients by cooperating with some new requirements.
Thy Spa follows Practice Guidelines recommended by the government, along with the World Health Organization (WHO) and National Health Service (NHS).
You will see some changes to our regular process when it is time for your next appointment. These changes to help protect our clients and staff include:
- We will communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates of your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
- When you arrive at the spa, we’ll ask that you wait at the front door until we call you to come in. This ensures that we don’t have too many people in the reception area and changing rooms at one time.
- We will greet you at the door and use a no-touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you don’t have a fever.
- We will ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we spoke on the phone. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
- Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage.
- We will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection of COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive a massage from this practitioner.”
- There is a hand-hygiene station that we will ask you to use it when you enter Thy Spa. You will also find hand sanitiser in the reception area and other places in the spa for you to use as needed.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every client, safe in our spa.
To make an appointment, please click the book now button on our website or call us once our spa is open again. We are tentatively scheduled to re-open in the beginning of August 2020.
Thank you for being our client. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.